Last year, Lincoln Foodbank benefitted from our student’s amazing generosity. This year, the Reverse Advent Calendar is helping The Nomad Trust.
The idea is simple. Every day between now and Wednesday 20th December, students are encouraged to bring in an item of food or a personal hygiene product, which will be donated to the charity.
The Reverse Advent Calendar started on Friday 1st, with donations of pasta. Yesterday, flavoured rice packets and noodles were brought in, and today it is tinned fruit, with the following menu seeing us through to 20th December:
- Wednesday 6th December: Tea and coffee
- Thursday 7th December: Shower gel and soap
- Friday 8th December: Deodorant
- Tuesday 12th December: Fruit squash
- Wednesday 13th December: Toiletry sets (little Christmas toiletry gifts)
- Thursday 14th December: Tinned vegetables, e.g. peas and carrots
- Friday 15th December: Rice and pasta
- Monday 18th December: Breakfast condiments, e.g. marmalade, jam, peanut butter
- Tuesday 19th December: Rice pudding
- Wednesday 20th December: Your favourite tinned food and Christmas treats, e.g. Cranberry sauce, Christmas puddings, gravy granules
The Nomad Trust is a Christian based registered charity which provides welfare services in the City of Lincoln for those who are homeless or otherwise in need.
A Christmas Log of donations is being kept to see whether Key Stage 4 or Key Stage 5 delivers the most gifts!