Institutes of Technology are unique collaborations between employers, higher, and further education providers. They are specialising in delivering higher-level technical skills which aim to help close skills gaps and improve productivity. The Government is backing the new institutes with £170million of capital funding.
The Lincolnshire Institute of Technology is being established to offer an exciting range of high-level technical qualifications in the areas of agri-tech, food manufacturing, digital, energy, and engineering.
A unique collaboration between the University of Lincoln and employers and Further Education providers across Greater Lincolnshire aims to open up opportunities for students to gain industry-relevant skills to help tackle some of the key challenges facing the technology industries.
Institute of Technology Courses at Lincoln UTC
Lincoln UTC is proud to be a Lincoln Institute of Technology partner. The courses we offer are:
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Engineering (3 A Level equivalent)
Students in KS5 can study triple engineering and work towards the Pearson Edexcel BTEC Engineering Extended Diploma, which is equivalent to three A Levels. For this vocational route there are fifteen lessons a week.
- T Level in Engineering
Lincoln UTC is an approved centre for the first wave of T Levels starting in September 2022. T Level students will spend 80% of their course in the classroom, learning the skills that employers need. The other 20% will be a meaningful industry placement where students have the opportunity to put these skills into action. Lincoln UTC will be offering a T Level in engineering.
Institute of Technology Partners
University of Lincoln - Brayford Way, Brayford Pool, Lincoln, LN6 7TS, https://www.lincoln.ac.uk/home/instituteoftechnology/
Grimsby Institute of Further and Higher Education - Grimsby Institute Nuns Corner, Grimsby, DN34 5BQ, https://grimsby.ac.uk/
DN Colleges Group (North Lindsey College) - Kingsway, Scunthorpe, DN17 1AJ, https://northlindsey.ac.uk/
Bishop Burton College (Riseholme College) - York Rd, Bishop Burton, Beverley, HU17 8QG, https://www.bishopburton.ac.uk/
Boston College - Skirbeck Rd, Boston, PE21 6JF, https://www.boston.ac.uk/
Grantham College - Stonebridge Rd, Grantham, NG31 9AP, https://www.grantham.ac.uk/
Lincoln College - Monks Rd, Lincoln, LN2 5HQ, https://www.lincolncollege.ac.uk/
Olympus Automation Limited - A1 Parkway, Southgate Way, Peterborough, PE2 6YN, https://www.oalgroup.com/
Bakkavor Plc – https://www.bakkavor.com
The Greater Lincolnshire Local Enterprise Partnership - https://www.greaterlincolnshirelep.co.uk/
Siemens Energy UK - https://www.siemens-energy.com/uk/en.html
CATCH – https://www.catchuk.org/