“All pupils benefit from annual, purposeful work experience. Together with the careers guidance programme, pupils are exceptionally well prepared for their next steps” – Ofsted, 2019
Students in all year groups are provided with the opportunity for work experience every year. Our strong links with local and regional employers mean that we are able to help most students secure placements in science and engineering businesses relevant to their career aspirations.
In comparison to their peers at ‘ordinary’ schools, our students will spend double the hours in the real world developing vital skills and traits, making them highly employable.
This is reflected in our student destination statistics:
- In 2016 and 2017 100% of our leavers had confirmed university places, apprenticeships or employment.
- In 2018, 96% of students who went to university secured their first choice.
- In 2018, 10 of the 13 students who secured apprenticeships did so as a direct consequence of the relationships they formed with these employers whilst students at the UTC.
2019-20 Work Experience Dates:
- Year 10 – Monday 30th March - Friday 3rd April 2020
- Year 11 – Monday 11th November - Friday 15th November 2019
- Year 12 – Monday 6th July - Friday 10th July 2020
- Year 13 – Monday 24th February - Friday 29th February 2020 (optional for students)
If your business can support a student placement then please contact Mr R. Little (Head of KS5 and Business Studies) at email@example.com