T Level Launch

Home > News > T Level Launch

In September 2022 Lincoln UTC will become the only provider in Lincolnshire to offer a T Level in Engineering. This course will expand on current Post-16 option choices, which include a range of STEM-based A Levels and a Level 3 BTEC in engineering.

T Levels are an alternative to A Levels, apprenticeships and other 16-19 courses. Students will spend 80% of their course in the classroom learning the skills that employers need, and the other 20% in a meaningful industry placement putting those skills in action. 

The Department of Education recently launched T Levels to provide students with valuable experience in the workplace, allow employers to get early sight of new talent in their industry, and help to build a pipeline for junior positions or apprenticeships. 

UTC Principal, John Morrison, said: “As a university technical college we already have a significant number of employer partners involved in the delivery of our curriculum, which makes us uniquely well positioned to deliver the T Level qualification. 

“UTC students in all year groups are provided with the opportunity for work experience every year, and many of our Level 3 BTEC engineers also choose to complete a longer industrial placement in parallel with their studies. By working in tandem with local businesses, students benefit from educational opportunities grounded within real industry experiences. 

“These connections are valuable for our students both during their studies and in future. The large majority of our alumni who have now secured apprenticeships did so as a direct consequence of the relationships they formed with these employers whilst students at the UTC, and we hope that our T Level graduates will continue this trend.”

Applications are now open to study T Level Engineering at Lincoln UTC in September 2022. To apply now click here